Friday, August 10, 2007

What to do?

Alright, this one is for everyone who is still reading my blog from SLAC or anyone on the west coast. I've figured out that I've only got five weekends left here in Palo Alto, including this one, and I need to make the most of them.

So, keeping in mind that I love the outdoors, microbrews, athletics, amazing restaurants and generally having a good time, what should I do with my time?

I've been to San Francisco, Napa Valley, and Yosemite.

I've eaten at Hobbee's, the steakburger place, the original pancake house in los altos, The Cheese House deli in Town & Country Village, The Counter, Oasis Beer Garden, and Gordon Biersch. Anything glaring that I'm missing that just screams "Good Eats" in or near Palo Alto?

Also, I love brewpubs. Here's a list of where I've been nearby...

Buffalo Bills in Hayward
21st Amendment in San Francisco
Half Moon Bay in, well, Half Moon Bay
Russian River up in Santa Rosa
Calistoga Inn & Brewery in Napa Valley
Downtown Joe's in Napa City
Seabright Brewery in Santa Cruz
Burlingame Brewing in Burlingame
Gordon Biersch in Palo Alto and San Francisco
Tied House in Mountain View
Pacific Coast new Berkeley
The Bear's Lair on UC Berkeley's campus

Seems like a lot, but there's a tons more. Anyone know of anything particularly good? Anything that screams west coast I haven't seen or done?

Oh yeah, I went surfing in Santa Cruz too....

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What? You haven't been to the Dutch Goose yet? Down there on Alameda de las Pulgas (Avenue of the Fleas)

And for breweries in the city there's Thirsty Bear http://www.thirstybear.com/ and Beach Chalet/Park Chalet http://www.beachchalet.com/

Anonymous said...

Ken, There's a famous ice cream place out there, but I can't remember the name of it. My friend from Walnut Creek or Concord took me to the ice cream place a long time ago. It might be in Oakland. Sorry, I just can't remember much other than the ice cream was great and the servings were huge. Hard.