Tuesday, August 7, 2007

Welcome to my Blog Take 2

Greetings all. Even though this is my 33rd post, it is the first one that will come up when (hopefully) those who read SLAC Today take an interest because of the short article that is running tomorrow. So welcome to everyone who is new to my blog.

It is 33 posts long, but let me assure you, they are short and mostly harmless. (You'll notice I have a fondness of Douglas Adams.) I invite you to take a few minutes and read through them. But if you're busy and overworked, as so many of us get sometimes, allow me to summarize...

My name is Ken, I'm from Ohio, this is part of an independent study for my masters degree in journalism from Indiana University, I'm here until mid-September, SLAC is doing a ton of amazing science, I'm learning a lot about writing and media relations, I'm enjoying every second of it, and I am a sort of beer connoisseur and rather enjoy Guinness and microbrews...

I hope many of you will return often and let me know how I'm doing on my stories on SLAC Today. Feel free to critique, correct anything I get wrong (which is probably a lot), and leave ideas for future stories.

Just so everyone knows, you can leave comments without signing up for a thing, and it takes about 30 seconds to do. But if you don't have an account, comments must be left anonymously, so I just ask that you leave your name in the body of the comment.

So with all of this in mind, please take some time and read through a couple of prior posts. If they really suck and you start to go brain dead, then by all means, stop. But if its even mildly interesting and a decent distraction from work, leave me feedback and help a guy out with his graduate project.

No comments: