Friday, July 6, 2007

Wednesday Holidays

Well folks, quite honestly, there's not much going on in the office today. I think it's from having the day off in the middle of the week, a lot of people just took the past two days off entirely. Several people went home early and it's been rather quiet. I'd love to go into depth on some amazingly complex insight into media relations or writing or science, but I'd be forcing it, and forcing writing is never a good thing I've learned.

So let me just say that I spent most the day writing a feature for Symmetry magazine and I think it should turn out well. For the rest of the blog, let me tell you about the joy of stouts...

If you don't like Guinness, I would advise you stop reading right now.

To me, a proper stout should be thick, creamy, and nitrogen poured to give that cool effect when a properly stored Guinness is poured. It looks like two separate liquids are mixing and separating, and its just so cool!

But I bring this up because I've had two excellent stouts in the past week. One was call Lord Stanley from Burlingame Brewing and the second was from Seabright Brewery in Santa Cruz simply called an oatmeal stout. Both were rich and smooth with chocolate and coffee undertones, sweet and mildly hopped. They made me very happy :o) But I still have many microbreweries in the area to visit. The only thing that may make me happier then a great stout is a great scottish ale similar to Boddingtons, but that's another entry for another day...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oi, achei teu blog pelo google tá bem interessante gostei desse post. Quando der dá uma passada pelo meu blog, é sobre camisetas personalizadas, mostra passo a passo como criar uma camiseta personalizada bem maneira. Se você quiser linkar meu blog no seu eu ficaria agradecido, até mais e sucesso. (If you speak English can see the version in English of the Camiseta Personalizada. If he will be possible add my blog in your blogroll I thankful, bye friend).